While there are many benefits of egg white to the body, there are several benefits of egg yolk as well. The benefits of egg yolk are listed below:
– The Protein content in the egg is what gives it all these benefits. A medium-sized egg contains about 5 grams of protein per egg yolk. Eggs are naturally full of protein because they contain a high amount of albumin, which is a protein that helps with digestion.
– Egg protein is also high in fiber, which is needed for the colon to properly absorb nutrients. One egg has about three grams of fiber.
– Eggs are very low in fat. A single egg contains only one gram of fat, which is almost none at all. Although eggs can be fried in oil, the calories still remain low, while fat intake remains high. In this way, eating egg increases your metabolism, making you burn more calories even when you are sitting still.
– Eggs are also good sources of choline, which is known for its ability to help lower cholesterol. This is due to the fact that choline also serves as an anti-histamine, which protects your heart from dangerous inflammation.
– Egg yolks are also rich in Vitamin B-12, which provides protection against anemia and aids in proper brain function. Vitamin B-12 also helps maintain a healthy nervous system, an area where Alzheimer’s disease commonly takes place.
– Eggs are very high in dietary fiber, which is necessary to make sure that your digestive system is able to properly absorb nutrients. Eggs also provide you with antioxidants, which fight free radicals that cause damage to the body.
– Eggs are known to be a good source of the B-vitamin, folate, niacin, iron, and phosphorus. These are all the necessary nutrients for your body. Eat your egg whites, and reap the benefits of these vitamins and minerals!